The Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin has free positions in the Orchestra Academy for the following instrumental groups:
Violin, viola, violoncello and contrabass.
The two year training occurs by participating in rehearsals, recordings and concerts – on average 10 shifts per month (120 shifts a year) – as well as participating in various additional workshops and one-to-one tutoring.
An endowment for training purposes of € 850 per month (gross) will be paid.
An audition is required. The maximum age for applicants is 25 (as of audition date).
Open positions at DSO's Ferenc Fricsay Academy:
- 1 violin: from February 1, 2019 (for 24 months)
- 1 violin: from August 1, 2019 (for 24 months)
- 1 viola: from August 1, 2019 (for 24 months)
- 1 viola: from September 1, 2020 (for 24 months)
- 1 violoncello: from August 1, 2019 (for 24 months)
- 1 contrabass: from September 1, 2020 (for 24 months)
Please send application papers including CV and photo
by email to Marion Herrscher
or send it through the post:
Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin
Tel +49 30. 20 29 87 530
Fax +49 30. 20 29 87 539
(Please note: Do not send original documents, clear folders etc.
Reshipment of application papers will only be effected on demand.)
The Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin is an ensemble of
Rundfunk-Orchester und Chöre GmbH Berlin.